The Berkshire Woodworkers' Guild awards scholarship funds to people planning to pursue a career in woodworking or complimentary fields.
- Applicants should be between 16 and 25 years of age.
- While we seek applicants from Berkshire (MA) County and the neighboring region who would like to make woodworking, architecture design, or other related fields their professional goal, we consider all applications.
- Applications should be submitted between January 1 and May 15th. Winners will be notified by early July.
- Maximum scholarship amount is $1,500.
- Money is paid to the applicant after successful completion of course with receipt/invoice and evidence of attendance. The payment can made in advance ONLY to the host of the course, and only if the host guarantees to refund (less any deposit required) the award to the Berkshire Woodworkers Guild if the student cancels. No payments are made directly to the student in advance of course.
- Scholarships may be used to attend schools, conferences, classes, workshops and other events that meet the approval of the scholarship review committee of the Berkshire Woodworkers Guild. In general, any program that contributes to the education of the applicant in the areas of woodworking, architecture, or design related fields will qualify. Preference is given for long-term, continuous programs that lead to certification or a degree in the profession.
- Please send the completed form to arrive by May 15 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to Berkshire Woodworkers' Guild Scholarships, c/o Hilary Russell, P.O. box 578, Sheffield, MA 01257. Electronic submissions via email attachments (pdf or Word format) are preferred.